Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Monica Sementilli & Robert Louis Baker Pertrial Hearing 9

Clara Shortridge-Foltz Criminal Justice Center
Downtown Los Angeles

March 27, 2019
It wasn't until around 7am this morning that I realized that I had totally forgotten about today's hearing. I rushed out the door around 7:35am hastily dressed, no makeup and drove downtown. It took me an hour and 20 minutes to get downtown, part and clear security. I made it to the court lobby in time to see Monica Sementilli's defense team of Blair Berk and Leonard Levine exiting an elevator and leaving the court. I had totally missed the hearing.

Fortunately, a few minutes later I happened to also see Mr, Michael Simmrin, Robert Baker;'s defense attorney in the lobby. The first thing I asked him is if he still represented Mr. Baker. I wasn't sure if leaving the Alternate Public Defender's Office and entering private practice would change his representation. He said he still represented Mr. Baker. I then asked him the date of the next hearing.

The next hearing in this case will be on May 21.

The wonderful Terri Keith of City News Service informed me that the April trial date had been vacated. It is my understanding that no new trial date has been set at this time.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I certainly don't know all the details but it sure sounds like it's taking way too long to get this trial going. And it's really sad that California is so slow in executions because these two should have been executed yesterday!