Thursday, May 28, 2009

Phil Spector Sentenced for Murder Tomorrow

After following this case for more than two years, Spector will be sentenced for murdering Lana Clarkson tomorrow at 11:00 am in Department 106. Although I have attended every day of the retrial, I have not been guaranteed a seat for the sentencing. I will try my best to get a seat for this final day. If I do get a seat, hopefully I will be blogging in real time from the back row. If I am unable to get a seat in the back row, I'll take hand notes and publish later.

According to Harriet Ryan, from her latest report in the Los Angeles Times, Fidler has granted Spector's request to wear regular clothes at his sentencing. I'm betting that will also include one of his wigs. It will be interesting to see if it's the same one he went to jail in, (my sources tell me it was "misplaced" for a time) or if Rachelle or Donte bring him a different one to wear. I'll also be on the lookout to see if he is sporting the large yarmulke Radar Online reported.

Ryan also reported that Spector will not speak at the sentencing but that Donna Clarkson will read from a prepared statement. The prosecution team will answer questions after the sentencing in a press room on the 18th floor of the Criminal Court Building.

I apologize to T&T's loyal readers that I am far behind on publishing several stories that I've promised (Crime Lab visit; Jury Duty; Complete Closing Arguments). Real Life has taken over my time as virtually every waking moment has been helping Mr. Sprocket get his new truck ready for going into business, as well as ensure that all the proper paperwork is filed with the State Contractor's Board. We are barely half-way finished with all the prep work that needs to be done before Mr. Sprocket's tool boxes, shelving units and equipment can be permanently bolted in. (You can follow our progress on that project on my Facebook Page). Hopefully, once that's completed I'll be able to work on those stories in a few weeks.

I'll be on Talk Radio One tonight, sometime after 9:30 pm.

And if you missed it, Mick Brown of the Telegraph has an excellent wrap up piece on the case as well as a small audio recording from when he interviewed Spector six weeks before the murder. Spector's voice is clear and had not yet started to deteriorate.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, it's pretty amazing just to see these words in print:

"Spector will be sentenced for murdering Lana Clarkson tomorrow at 11:00 am in Department 106."

It's been such a long time. And looking back several years ago, I was thinking that I would never be reading a statement like that.

Thank you for all your work and info, especially with Trial #2.

Liz said...

Many thanks Sprocket - so look forward to your reports - almost unbelievable that the day has arrived

Anonymous said...

anyone covering live?

Anonymous said...

I find it interesting that he still engages the services of a publisist.....that would be one place I would cost-cut if I were headed to jail for the rest of my life. Maybe he doesn't want to have anything left to give away for the Civil Case.

Going all "orthodox" on us is weird too. Does he really think nobody has ever seen a bald man before?

Anonymous said...

Interesting side-note on publicist Hal L (from LA Times article): He had a thing for planting outlandish stories, according to a google search, such as Sarah Palin joining the cast of Desperate Housewives, and Fran Dresher running for US Senate from NY.....the nuts really come out of the woodwork in these high-profile cases.

Anonymous said...

Maybe the yarmulke adds 1/4 inch to his height.