WITNESS LIST For Bryan Barnes & Javier Bolden Preliminary Hearing.
September 30th, 2013 Day 1
1. VINCENT CARREON (LAPD Detective with Central Gang Homicide Division CGHD out of 77th Station) Carreon testified he arrived at the location of the shooting at 2717 S. Raymond Ave. He described the scene when he arrived. It was raining. A BMW was on Raymond Ave, double parked with a canopy placed over the car to protect evidence. Testified the victim's cell phones were not located at the scene.
2. EURY MALDONADO (Neighbor and "ear witness" to the shooting) Maldonado testified about hearing gunshots. He stepped out onto his second story balcony and observed two individuals by a doubled parked BMW, one on each side. He believes they were arguing. He observed the individuals run south. He saw the driver of the BMW step out of the car. He could see that he was bleeding. He called 911 and then went downstairs to see if he could render aid. He stayed with the male victim (Qu) as he walked then crawled to the porch of 2717 Raymond and knocked on the door. The victim died on the porch without speaking.
1. VINCENT CARREON (continuing testimony) Carreon
3. ROBERT LAIT (LAPD Detective with the gang unit) Lait obtained a wire tap on two phone lines, one belonging to Barnes and one belonging to Bolden. Lait was involved in the investigation. He visited
the crime scene.
4. LATIANA COLLINS (Former girlfriend of Bryan Barnes)
October 1st, 2013 Day 2
4. LATIANA COLLINS (continuing testimony) Testified that on the night of April 11th, Barnes told her he was with Javier Bolden. Testified Barnes stated he obtained a cell phone via a robbery. Stated Barnes told her he thought he shot someone during the robbery.
1. VINCENT CARREON (continuing testimony)
October 2nd, 2013 Day 3
5. BRADLEY NIELSON (LAPD Patrol Officer out of 77th Station) Nielson responded to a shooting on S. Western Ave on December 3rd, 2011 around 12:30 AM. At the scene, he recovered a live round and shell casings for a 9mm as well as shell casings for a 40mm cartridge. He interviewed a witness to the event, witness ABC (a pseudonym).
6. TIMOTHY HALL (Victim of a shooting on December 3rd, 2011) Hall attended at party hosted by Scale 10. Testified he did not see who shot him on Dec. 3rd. Testified he was running away when he was hit eight times. Testified he had no memory of a conversation he had with Officer Yolanda Mansillas on February 22nd, 2012 when she came to his house and showed him a photograph. Hall stated he recognized the officer's voice on the tape recording as well as his own, however, he has no memory of the event or of identifying a photo of Bryan Barnes as "BJ" and placing his own initials on the photograph.
7. YOLANDA MANSILLAS: (LAPD Detective out of 77th Station) Investigated Timothy Hall's shooting. Interviewed Hall and witness ABC. Testified about her interviews of victim Hall and witness ABC, who observed the Hall shooting.
8. LUIS VALLE (LAPD Officer out of 77th Station) Valle responded to a shooting on February 12th, 2012 at 8927 S. Western Avenue. When he arrived on the scene there were two victims
on the ground. The male victim, Deionce Davance was on the ground and
non-responsive. The female victim was Zanae Flowers. She was shot
about a half a block from Davance. Officer Valle testified about 9
millimeter shell casings and a 9 millimeter live round that was located
at the scene and booked into evidence.
October 3rd, 2013 Day 4
9. ABC (pseudonum per witness request) (Witness to shooting on December 3rd, 2011) ABC was attending a party event hosted by Scale 10. ABC states she's not a member of Scale 10, but was invited by friends who are members. She has attended several Scale 10 parties. She witnessed a shooting outside the party while sitting in her car. She observed Hall being shot at while he was chased around a car in front of the venue. A few moments later she saw Hall being shot at from the passenger side of a moving red Camaro. ABC identified the shooters as Bryan Barnes and Javier Bolden.
10. CHARLES DARDEN (Cousin to February 12th shooting victim Deionce Davance) Testified he saw Javier Bolden shoot his cousin in the stomach outside a banquet hall on February 12th, 2012.
11. ZANAE FLOWERS (Victim of a shooting on February 12th, 2012)
October 4th, 2013 Day 5
11. ZANAE FLOWERS (continuing testimony) Flowers was shot on February 12th, 2012 after attending a birthday party for her friend at a banquet hall near the corner of Western & 51st Streets. She was shot in the leg.
12. TAMARA MCKEEVER (Sister of victim Deionce Davance and best friend of victim Zanae Flowers) Attended the birthday party on February 12th, 2012. Observed events relating to the shooting of Flowers and Davance.
October 7th, 2013 Day 6
Defense recalled two prosecution witnesses to cross examine them on their interviews with victims and witnesses.
7. YOLANDA MANSILLAS
8. LUIS VALLE