Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Stephanie Lazarus Criminal Appeal - Appellant's Opening Brief

 
Stephanie Lazarus prison intake photo

Last week, I reported that Nels and Loretta Rasmussen's wrongful death lawsuit against Stephanie Lazarus is on hold until her criminal appeal is resolved.  Lazarus was convicted of the 1986 cold case murder of their daughter, Sherri Rae Rasmussen. Lazarus was found guilty of first degree murder in March 2012 and sentenced to 27 years to life.

Lazarus' opening brief was filed in June 2013. You can read the brief HERE.

The State Attorney General filed their response last week. I will post the respondent's brief as soon as I obtain a copy.

I am working on another Lazarus story and hope to publish soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sprocket you are the best.......thanks for keeping us updated on important cases. I have and will continue to donate to your blog.

Abracat said...

When I try to open the documents on Scribd, the app crashes every time. Any advice?

Sprocket said...

I'm sorry, I don't have any advice for you. It could be the device you're using, the browser, many things. When I click on the link, it goes directly to the opening brief.

You could go to SCRIBD's web site [ https://www.scribd.com/ ] and search for the documents that way, putting in search terms:

Stephanie Lazarus, Criminal Appeal, murder, Sherri Rae Rasmussen.

Hope this helps.