Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Lonnie Franklin, Jr. Case Update II

The previous post on this case can be found HERE.

UPDATE 2/19/16: edited to correct spelling error of Pelisek's last name.
January 12, 2015
I arrived on the 9th floor of the downtown Los Angeles Criminal Justice Center, only to find a notice on the door of Dept. 109 that court was 'dark' today. 'Dark' means Judge Kathleen Kennedy's courtroom would not be in session. People Magazine reporter Christine Pelisek arrived a few minutes after me and was just as puzzled as I was.

I immediately rechecked the LA County Sheriff's Inmate Locator webpage, and it did indicate that Franklin was scheduled to have a court appearance today. I've learned the hard way that the sheriff's website isn't always 100% accurate. Errors happen.

Before I headed home, I sent an inquiry to the court's Public Information Office to find out what happened. Evidently, there were additional motions filed on Monday and the new court date set for Thursday, January 14. There will also be an additional hearing the following day.

The next post on this case can be found HERE.

T&T's Exclusive coverage of the Lonnie Franklin Case.

3 comments:

David In TN said...

Thanks for keeping us up to date on this case.

bettyschaeffer said...

Christine Pelisek (not Pelesik as spelled in the blog post) has made a career out of this case: she started at the L.A. Weekly, moved on to the Daily Beast and is now a crime reporter for People Magazine. Yes, she broke the story back in 2008 when working at the L.A. Weekly, but it strikes me as crass to make a career from that. Very common in that business, but crass nevertheless.

Sprocket said...

Bettyschaeffer:

Thank you for the spelling error on Christine's last name. I'll make the correction. Unlike a mainstream media outlet, T&T does not have a full-time editor to catch spelling and grammar mistakes. I hope you understand.