Saturday, July 28, 2007

Cutler loses the limo, and dissension in the ranks

Wednesday, July 25th, 2007

It's being whispered behind the scenes that Spector has terminated the chauffeured limousine service for Bruce Cutler to get to and from the courthouse. Cutler, who has been staying at The Ritz-Carlton in Pasadena on Spector's dime, recently had his lodgings down graded from a nice bungalow to just a single room in the main hotel. It's my understanding that driving him everyday has been relegated to one of the massive bodyguard's (down from three to two, for some time now). ~Maybe Spector's pocketbook is shrinking, and he's actually having to rein in his defense spending budget because you know, he has to keep his young, arm candy wife well stocked with Christian Louboutin shoes.~ I'm not sure if it's true but supposedly the other members of the defense team have been instructed to be "nice" to Cutler in public. All this is obviously to try to quell rumors in the press of dissension in the defense camp ranks. I don't think this last ditch effort (to make it look like everyone at that table is getting along) is working very well, since the accredited press has been reporting there is dissension. I doubt that Cutler is now suddenly included in the strategy sessions with the rest of the leaderless-looking defense team.

Early on in the trial, not long after the (Plourd-bored-the-jury-to-the- point-they-sent-a-message-of-complaint) cross of Dr. Pena, I predicted that this trial would not end until September. Not one of the accredited press believed that, and the thought of it going on that long really upset Mr. Dunne when I suggested it. With a jury trip to The Castle planned sometime for the second week in August, it's seems I wasn't far off in my prediction. Beth Karas is now reporting that the close of this long suffering drama will probably happen towards the end of August.

I took a break from taking the Metro and drove to court today. I found a slightly cheaper lot near the courthouse on the southeast corner of Broadway and 2nd Streets. It's only $10.00 (compared to $16-18) for the entire day. Granted, it is almost a full block farther away, but the walk does go by pretty quickly.

I finally get to the 9th floor around 9:15 am. Dominick is in the hall chatting it up with Harret Ryan and the Court TV camera operators. When I enter the courtroom, I see Judge Fidler is out of his robes and signing for documents related to other cases at his clerk's desk. ccarrolladams (CCA) and Steven both have jokingly said they can't look at Judge Larry Fidler without his robe on. It's just not right. Ron and Richard from Riverside are here, and when Dominick sees them, he gets a big smile on his face and greets them very warmly.

Sitting next to Rachelle is Anita Talbert (one of Spector's most outspoken supporters) wearing a pair of black, skin tight jeans. When she was in the courtroom before, she had on a more drapey, loose-fitting outfit. Today, Anita looks even more skeletal than she did the first time I saw her. I wonder how comfortable she will be on the rock hard courtroom benches because to me, it doesn't look like Anita has a rear end at all. I think Anita is a despicable person. She has been spewing lies left and right about Lana Clarkson to any news outlet that will give her a second of air time. The stories are horrendous and I won't repeat them. Right before the jury comes in I see Spector, animated and smiling, talking to Roger Rosen. I also see that Louis Spector and his long time love had come to court again, and his brother Dante is sitting right beside them. I made sure to stop by and apologize to Louis for having to run off so quick last week without saying goodbye. We agree to have lunch together in the cafeteria.

This morning, before I left for court, I got a private message on the Court TV forums from Gary Spector. Gary was concerned because he recently found out that one of his father's gold records,
To Know Him Is To Love Him, was on sale on eBay for $100,000. He was upset that someone was trying to profit off of something that belonged to his father, and Gary was hoping I could help him get this information to his dad. I printed out the message Gary sent me, and I also printed out the eBay web pages that had the item for sale. I sent Gary a message back that I would do what I could to get this information to Spector for him. Not because I care about Spector, but because my heart goes out to his estranged sons. It's been my impression ever since meeting Louis and talking to Gary via e-mail, that even though Spector turned his back on all of his boys years ago, all they want is to be there for their father. They don't want his money, they just want to show him support, just out of respect for the fact that he is their father.

While everyone was waiting for court to start, I showed Dominick what I had, and that Gary wanted me to pass this information on. Dominick said I should give it to Horace, one of the bodyguards. I told him I didn't feel comfortable doing that (I'm terribly shy approaching people I don't know) and he said he would do it for me, since he knows the bodyguard. I quickly wrote a note on the top page that I promised Gary I would pass this information on, and signed my name. I saw Dominick hand the papers to Horace, and then I saw Horace motion to Rachelle, who stepped outside with him. My heart sank. I really wondered if the information would disappear, or if it would be spun in some totally negative way to Spector.

It wasn't until lunch that I find out what happened. Louis said that his father came up to him, (I can't remember the specific statement he made) saying he was quite angry at his twin thinking Gary was the one selling the record. Louis was quite puzzled about his father's anger, because he didn't know what it was about. I felt terrible, because I knew this was the last thing Gary wanted. I quickly explained to Louis the sequence of events and what I had tried to do. If I had known that Louis was going to be in court, I would have passed all of this onto him. Louis promised me that after lunch, he would set his father straight, that it wasn't Gary selling the item on eBay.

Back on the record, Plourd continues his direct of Dr. Werner Spitz.

Spitz worked at an army hospital in Israel performing autopsies, many of which were gunshot victims. In 1959 he came to the US on a visitor visa, and at first had no plans to immigrate. When he did decide to immigrate, for that application to go through he was required to return to his native Germany for two years before he could apply to live here permanently. While in Germany, he did the same type of work he did in Israel. Dr. Spitz then goes into great detail describing his US work history, and the various counties where he was hired as the chief medical examiner. He worked in Baltimore, and two different counties in Michigan. For thiry-five years, Dr. Spitz has been on the board of the Forensic Medical Journal (I don't think I have the name of it right~I think it's commonly referred to as "The Orange Journal.") for editorial review of articles submitted for publication.

In 1972 to 1988 he was the chief medical examiner for Wayne County, Michigan. When he retired in 1988, the county next door asked for his help ~because the medical examiner there was not a pathologist~ in a consulting capacity. Then after a few years he was hired as the chief medical examiner for McCoon County, Michigan. He finally retired from that position in 2004, and his son took over his job. Dr. Spitz helped develop the testing requirements for new potential forensic pathologists. (I'm guessing this is for the state of Michigan.) He's been appointed as a professor of two universities, one being Wayne State, the other I miss getting the name. He teaches classes on poisons in forensic pathology. It's 9:55 am and I see Rosen's girlfriend enter and sit on the bench with Rachelle and Anita.

I look over at Fawn sitting in the front row off to my right, and I see she has some sort of palm sized little pamphlet of printed material that she is carefully cradling in her hand and discreetly trying to read. I can't see what it might be that she's reading.

Dr. Spitz has testified in all fifty states and several other countries. He's testified in federal, criminal and civil courts as well as before congress. He was contacted by the Nelson Rockafeller Commission investigating the assassination of JFK. He not only worked on that case but also on the Martin Luther King assassination. This committee is still in existence, and if there ever is any need, the committee members are brought together again to investigate. Dr. Spitz testifies that he has probably looked at over 20,000 gunshot wounds, in either an actual capacity or a supervisory one. He was originally approached to work on the case by Spector's first attorney, Robert Shapiro.

In reviewing this case, he looked at the complete autopsy file, the Alhambra Police crime reports, the Los Angles County Sheriff's crime reports, prior medical records of Lana Clarkson, prescription records of Ms. Clarkson, her diary, her datebook and other materials that were found on her computer. He also looked at numerous crime scene photographs. He was asked to opine on the cause of death (COD) and manner of death (MOD) of Ms. Clarkson. I take a moment to look on over at the jury and it appears that several are taking notes. Dr. Spitz states that photographs are very important in postmortem review and in some instances he had to rely on them completely. He also mentions that he looked at the toxicology records, and other documents. And then, Dr. Spitz gives us his opinion of MOD, something he will never waiver from throughout his entire testimony. "I think she died of a self inflicted gunshot wound." Dr. Spitz states that it is almost impossible, although there are some exceptions, to determine what someone was thinking (right before they kill themselves). One of the jurors in the back row is making facial expressions, raising their brow, as if to say, "Huh?"

Q: Dr. Spitz, do you exclude it being a homicide?

A: No. ...Uh, Yes.

Absolutely incredible! Dr. Spitz first answers "No," but after a second or two corrects himself. Could this be a spontaneous admission of how Sptiz truly feels?

Dr. Spitz goes on to say, "I think Dr. Pena's opinion was a hasty opinion." Oh really, doc? I guess that slipped by you that Dr. Pena took about
ten months to carefully review everything before he came to his conclusion. Hasty my ass. It's right then that Ron who is sitting behind me and Dominick, passes a note to Dominick that I get to read. Does Dr. Spitz belong to the SAG (Screen Actors Guild)? He's full of B.S. We both smile and Dominick gives me a little chuckle.

The defense has put up on the Elmo a video we've seen before, of Dr. Spitz firing off a Colt cobra 38 snub nose revolver. CCA leans into me and asks, "But what ammo did he use?" I look on over at the jurors. One has their arms crossed. Another one has an expression like they don't believe him. They are just listening and not taking much in the way of notes. I write this note to CCA, even though I'm sure he knows.
Impossible. The ammunition was last sold over 20 years ago.

Dr. Spitz performed a test with the same type of gun but not with Plus P ammunition, which was the type that was in the weapon. He can't recreate the shooting because the ammunition can not be obtained. I pass a note to CCA about another trial watcher who has snuck in during the morning session. I also see the white haired guy enter and sit on the defense side. He's actually wearing a dress shirt and tie today, when he usually wears a more casual looking attire. Dr. Spitz did other testing with this particular weapon. He shot rounds at a special thick type of paper to document the gunshot residue pattern. Out of the corner of my eye I see Alan Parachini enter and sit near the door. A juror and an alternate have their arms crossed. Another juror is looking around and out at the gallery.

I take some time to watch Fawn's face. Occasionally I see an expression that passes (in my opinion) like she can't believe what she's hearing. Maybe it's a small half smile or a smirk. It's hard to tell because I can't see her face full on. I admire the courage it must take, to sit here for as long as she and her mother have, and listen to the defense witnesses try to drag her sister through the mud. Again, I have to say, every time I even concentrate too much on the family, all I can think about is the loss they have experienced. A few days ago, Dominick was sitting next to me, and reading my blog entry titled Pie loses her memory ~ well, what memory she has left. When he comes to the following passage, he outlines it and motions to me to see it.

There have been several times over the last several months, while I've been in the court room, I've looked at Lana's family, and I tried to put my emotions into the shoes of what Lana Clarkson's family is dealing with. What if, my sister had been so careless and thoughtlessly murdered like Lana was. What if, I had a child who was killed at the hands of a wealthy, misogynistic, weak little man. And when I think I've come just a little bit close, to what that horror would be like, tears immediately start to form and I have to shut the emotion down before I become overwhelmed by a sense of heartbreaking loss.
He then leans into me and says, "I've felt this way, too." I respond back, "But you have been in their shoes. You have experienced this loss," referring of course, to the murder of his daughter, Dominique.

All this expert blabber sounds nice, but when you get down to the brass tacks, the defense can't get around some basic facts. That Lana's death occurred in Spector's home that she was unfamiliar with, with Spector's gun, and Spector's bullets. And the huge incriminating fact, within minutes of the shooting, Spector stepped outside his back door and said in a clear voice to Adriano DeSouza, "I think I killed somebody."

The morning break is finally called. I step outside and sit down on the same stone bench with Susan, the Dateline reporter with the auburn hair color I envy. Ciaran comes over and says, "Hello ladies." Susan shares with us a bit about the story Dateline is doing and the deadline she is having to meet. If I'm remembering correctly, Dateline is looking to air their show either during closing arguments or deliberations, but don't quote me on that. Back inside the courtroom, CCA tells me he overheard Jackson and Dixon talking with an LASO captian and others about scheduling the jury visit to the castle. According to what he heard, they were going to have to call in about 100 extra officers from neighboring jurisdictions. Coordinating the whole event will be a logistical nightmare. Two tentative dates are mentioned as to when this visit will occur. We go back on the record at 11:10 am. Lana's family stays outside the courtroom. They don't reenter when the break is over.

Dr. Spitz, is now talking about gun pressure. I didn't realize that forensic pathologist Spitz is also a weapons expert. Plourd is having trouble getting some questions to Dr. Spitz. Seems he's not asking them properly or even laying the proper foundation; Jackson keeps objecting and the Judge keeps sustaining AJ's objections. The Judge has to explain to Plourd what he's doing wrong. Finally he gets his act together so he can ask Dr. Spitz about gun gasses. "A gunshot wound would cause an explosion to the head and in this case, left evidence of that," Dr. Spitz testifies. I try to stay with it, paying attention to the testimony but now he's moved on to talking about the damage to the mouth and the teeth that were blown out and I want to cover my ears and go "la la la la la, I can't hear you!" Just like Kim described on her blog The Darwin Exception, when the orodontist Alselmo testified. But since I'm in the courtroom, I have to at least look like I'm taking notes instead of having my mind wander.

Beth Karas enters the courtroom and she's wearing a lovely, deep pumpkin colored skirt and matching suit jacket, matching jewelry, a white top and adorable shoes on her feet. Every time I see Beth, she never disappoints in wearing something stylish and appropriate. Spector is looking down, almost as if he is boring a hole through the defense table with is eyes. Linda Kenney Baden appears to be on her laptop again. For the first time I notice Cutler is not sitting directly beside Spector. From left to right it's Cutler, Rosen,
then Spector and Linda Kenney Baden on the far right. OMG! They are showing that terrible image of Lana's lips pulled back again by that device. I can't look. It's disgusting. Several of the jurors in the back row look bored. Rosen is very busy writing, taking notes while Plourd is conducting the direct. As the testimony drones on, I'm thankful that I'm going to miss more of this if it continues into tomorrow, and at the same time, hating the fact that I'll probably also miss most of Jackson's cross.

Now Plourd is having Dr. Spitz show the tongue model to the jurors up close and personal, so Spitz can explain to them his opinions on the tongue wound. Earlier, Susan mentioned that she didn't think Pat Dixon looked too happy, and as this testimony goes on, I think she might be right. On the other hand, I can't see Dixon's face (or AJ's for that matter) very well when they are sitting at the prosecution table. I look on over to see what Spector is doing, and it doesn't appear that his hands are shaking. I haven't noticed them shake for some time now. I look on over at Steven and he makes a quick face at me. I have to cover my own face for a moment to keep from smiling or laughing.

The defense now puts up on the Elmo an image of Lana's damaged tongue. It's totally gross, and I have to look away. I feel like the family attorney who is leaning forward and has his head down. For a moment he looks up for a second, but then puts his head back down. I'm starting to freeze again, and yawn. I realize that I might as well bring a sweater each day, just in case the A/C is set to Antarctica. Ten more minutes. Seven more minutes.

Finally! The lunch break is called, and I make a quick exit to get to the cafeteria so I can grab two tables and put them together. I'm not sure if Dominick is going to join us or not. Monday, he was invited to dine with Peter Y. Hong and Cutler today, but Peter hasn't been in court all morning so Dominick doesn't know if the lunch is still on. Supposedly, Peter is an amateur gourmet chef, and puts together these fabulous sandwich lunches. Outside in the hallway near the elevators I see Peter on his cell, so Dominick's lunch date is on.

Louis, his friend, CCA and myself all have lunch together. Susan joins us, and we shuffle seats so that she and Louis can talk. Louis is considering being interviewed for the Dateline segment, and they talk about the specifics of what that might entail. Towards the end of the lunch hour, Dante shows up and joins us. I can see immediately that Louis is happy to have him here. For the rest of the time we are in the cafeteria I get to see Dante and Louis interact. And, it's obvious to me these two men have a deep affection for each other. Dante shares that his girlfriend is a massage therapist, similar to myself. From the way he talks about her, it's clear she is a very important part of his life. At the end of lunch I hear that during the morning session, Spector came over and shook Dante's hand.

Over lunch, Susan and I discuss whether or not the jury knows that Rachelle is Spector's wife, and I mention some of Rachelle's inappropriate outfits. Susan asks me what's wrong with what Rachelle is wearing; she looks nice today. (I agree. The white linen pantsuit is a big improvement.) I describe in detail the "knickers" outfit she had on yesterday. What about her boss, who is juror #2? Surely he would know who Rachellle is because he reviewed some material about this case before he was empaneled. Susan shakes her head no, because she was the one who presented materials for him to review. The jury doesn't see them together, since the jury comes before Spector and Rachelle do, and Rachelle is not at the defense table. For all they know, she could be his daughter or grandchild. I don't think so. I think they know. There are times during testimony, where the jury can see one of the defense attorneys whispering to Rachelle, and her to them. She's the only person on the defense side of the room who is dressed in "look at me" attire, which coresponds with Spector's own bizarre style.

Much later in the day, Ciaran gets confused with the word knickers. He thinks I'm talking about "underwear," because that's the word that is commonly used in Canada and England to describe undies. I thought I'd better explain for readers at Anthony Samuelson's Blog, who follows the trial in the UK. "Knickers" are also known as "pedal pushers." They are slacks (or shorts) that end right above the knees.

Back inside the courtroom, we take our seats and wait. Dominick is reading a script for a TV show where he is going to play himself for two episodes. He's up to page seven and his part hasn't appeared yet. "That's an outrage," he jokingly says. I mention to Dominick that Dante joined us at the end of our lunch. After having lunch with Peter and Cutler, Dominick can't say enough nice things about Peter Y. Hong. He really likes and respects him.

One of the cameramen wants to play a joke on Beth, and he places an empty plastic water bottle under the blanket she sits on, which is right beside his chair. The other Court TV employees in the back row are all in on the joke, but are sure to tell him to remove it if, when Beth comes back, the jury is seated and testimony has started. Beth, who sets up another dinner engagement with Dominick, doesn't sit down until right before the jury comes in, so the bottle is removed.

At 1:35 pm, Plourd is back on direct with Dr. Spitz. It's now that I decide I'm not going to write much more in the way of notes. Whoops. Not yet. There's that word "demonstrative" again. Spitz says it about a piece of animated video of a gun going off that Plourd is now showing the jury. The Pie said it, I think Jennifer used it, Rosen used it and so did the producer, Sims if I'm remembering correctly. Dr. Spitz feels Lana's heart could have still been beating for a short time after the gun went off. Now Plourd brings out the clear head model for the jury again that shows the trajectory of the bullet. A juror in the back row puts down their notebook. Most of the jurors are not taking notes anymore. Now Plourd wants to be able to have Dr. Spitz do a demonstration in a chair, but Jackson calls for a sidebar. When the sidebar is finished, it doesn't look like the defense is going to be able to get this demonstration in front of the jury after all.

Dr. Spitz now says her head moved after brain death. This is crazy. On what planet Dr. Sptiz? Never in my life have I ever heard of a body moving where the spinal cord has been completely severed so close to the brain. When Dr. Spitz coughs on the stand, I'm thinking he might keel over. He's now raising his voice and getting forceful. I write a note to CCA:
He's going to milk this. I notice two jurors in the back row have their arms crossed and they are rocking in their chairs. Dr. Spitz is now complaining that there were no "tape lifts" taken of the hands as if this was a big departure from regular procedure. He thinks the physical evidence supports the opinion that Lana was holding the gun with two hands, one on top of the other. Dr. Spitz totally ignores that fact of Lana's wrist injuries, and that she couldn't even carry trays at the House of Blues. Plourd then jumps to the toxicology results.

2:20 pm I see that Rachelle's eyes are closed. It looks like she's taking a nap. A few minutes later, Sandi Gibbons and a couple more trial watchers enter. I'm starting to fade from getting only a few hours of sleep last night and I know as soon as the break is called I'm going to dash up to the snack bar on the 13th floor and get a Vitamin Water. At 2:45, Fidler calls the afternoon recess.

I get my Vitamin Water and come back into the courtroom. I see Rachelle, Horace, and the woman who is Spector's number one fan all break out in laughter over on the defense side of the room. Sandi Gibbons comes by, and I ask her about Vincent Bugliosi. Way back before there were cell phones, Sandi was working for one of the wire services at the time, covering the Manson trial. Sandi thinks Vincent was a legend in his own mind. He called over 140 witnesses; the defense didn't call any. "Mickey Mouse could have prosecuted that case and won," she said. I'm quite disappointed with this bit of information about Vincent, since I really loved reading all his books.

Back on the record, Spitz is going over the "reflexive breaths," he thinks Lana could have made after her spinal cord was severed. I'm shivering, the courtroom is still very cold. "The heart continues to work for a while," he says. "And if it didn't, I would be very surprised." Dr. Spitz goes on to add to his opinion about the MOD and suicide, and waxes poetic about Lana's state of mind. "She was callus. She didn't understand the totality of her actions. (It was) without thinking. Unplanned." Now he goes into explain of other cases he's had, where parents, devastated by a determination of suicide for their child, want him to reconsider his conclusion. "

Q: Those drugs, alcohol and Vicodin, would not render one incapable of holding gun?

A: It would render you incapable of good reasoning.

It sounds like Plourd just might be wrapping it up! Yippie! I just might get to see Jackson start his cross today. Now Plourd is going over the fact that women
do use guns and shoot themselves in the mouth. And, a large percentage of suicides have alcohol in their system. Dr. Spitz gives his opinion that Lana's lips were not clenched tightly around the barrel of the gun. And then Dr. Spitz gives another one of his most unbelievable opinions so far. That the bruise on Lana's eye was not because she was hit in the face. Oh no. Spitz state's the bruise was the result of the gunshot blast via the eustachian tubes (ear canal). "No, no, no!" Spitz says. "It's not a black eye!" And here is where Spitz goes completely bonkers and again says that Lana could have taken several breaths after her spinal cord was severed by the bullet. "Considering the intake of air and after brain death, there is every reason to believe the air came out on more than one occasion. I can not say that it did but it could have as I described." Thank you Dr. Spitz. One of the most renowned forensic pathologist has just told us that a brain dead woman with a severed spinal cord at C1, could still take some breaths and spew the blood on Spector's jacket too many feet away. On what PLANET, Dr. Spitz? Can you show us another case exactly like this one where that happened?

It's 3:40 pm and Chris Plourd passes the witness to the prosecution.

The courtroom wakes up, because anytime Alan Jackson conducts cross, you know you are going to be in for a treat. Right off the bat Jackson asks Spitz how much he's being paid. And they get into a little disagreement about how much he's been paid. "Five thousand a day," Spitz states. Since Spitz has been out here to California three times, Jackson responds, "So that's fifteen thousand?"

Spitz: Oh, you're being mean.

Jackson: No sir, I'm trying to do simple math.

And you can just feel it. AJ is just itching to have a go at this hack. The amount Dr. Spitz is being paid is finally figured out. He recently sent a bill for $45,000. He called AJ "mean" because he said he was earning a smaller amount than he actually billed for! Rachelle leans into Plourd and whispers. Jackson confronts Dr. Spitz with the prior bad act history of Spector, and asks if he considered that when coming to his conclusion of MOD. And Spitz actually says, "He is a passive individual in this case." I think my jaw about fell open when I heard that statement. (Spector
passive? So waving a gun in several women's faces and threatening their life is just a passive activity? I'd hate to see what passes for excitement at his house!) It's clear that Spitz has been away from Earth for a long time. Even though it only went on for 20 minutes, it was very exciting to watch. Jackson began an excellent tear down in just 20 minutes what it took Plourd all day to build up.

As we gather our things to leave, I tell Dominick that I won't be here tomorrow; I have to work, and he makes a disappointed face. When we say our goodbyes in the lobby, I tell him that I'll see him on Tuesday. He tells me he'll get in touch with me before then.

Here is my latest (film?) critic, moaning about The Color Orange.

Jenny H has left a new comment on your post "The "Producer" gets in the
picture & Spray-on, day-glow Orange..."

I am surprised that you did not comment on Linda Deutsch's outfit that
day either. She was wearing the same color that Mr. Spector's wife was.
And isn't it amazing how three people the very next day wore the same
color that Mr. Spector's wife wore the very day before? Her outfit must
not have been that bad if three people such as Beth Karas, Sandi
Gibbons, and another female reporter all wore the same color the very
next day. Beth Karas wore a bright orangish/salmon color skirt outfit;
Sandi Gibbons wore a bright orangish/salmon color blazer, and another
blonde haired female reporter that was seated in the back row wore a
bright orange-pleated skirt. It is quite obvious you are not up on
todays fashion and styles.

Rachelle, Rachelle, Rachelle. I'm shaking my head here in exasperation. I guess I'm going to have to spell it out to you in more simple terms so hopefully you can understand why your trend setting outfits are inappropriate for court. The color is irrelevant. Do ya get that? Not a single one of these women wore skin tight knickers with a gold studs all over and a gold lamme top to court. It wasn't a good look. Maybe someone needs to remind you that your husband is on trial for second degree murder. Just because he's on television everyday, doesn't mean that's an opportunity for you to wear clothes that are best suited for a night club.

Over on the Court TV Phil Spector weekend thread, the big topic is Sara Caplan. Supposedly, Ms. Caplan hired a PR firm, has appeared on the KTLA live streaming video covering the case, and is considering writing a book about her involvement in the Spector trial. So much for Ms. Caplan standing up on her ethical platform. houdinisback (dini) wrote out for us what all the chapters of her book would be titled. Here it is.
Chapter One:
"I thought I might have seen this little white thingy, but I can't remember where?"

Chapter Two:
"That mean DA, Alan Jackson, twisted my head around with his compound questions and I didn't realize I had answered the question in a way that would implicate my former client."

Chapter Three:
"That mean Judge Fidler made me cry on TV."

Chapter Four:
"I haven't been able to take a vaction! wah wah wah!"

Chapter Five:
"That mean Marta Waller wants me to do her show. Well it's a start."

Chapter Six:
"What do you mean, I'm subject to recall? I don't remember hearing that?"

Chapter Seven:

Memo to Self: Fix that darned website and learn how to spell"accessibility."

0 comments: