Friday, December 7, 2012

Under the Weather

A short note to T&T readers.

On Monday, December 3rd, along with my friend Matthew McGough, I attended the swearing in ceremony of Jackie Lacey, Los Angeles County's first female and first black District Attorney.  It was a very nice ceremony held at USC's Galen Center.  USC is where Lacey graduated from law school.

By chance, Matthew and I saw DDA Shannon Presby who asked to sit with us. Before I had time to write up my notes on the ceremony, I started to feel under the weather.  It's now Friday, and I'm in full flu mode with muscle aches, clogged sinuses, a scratchy, inflamed throat, a fluctuating temperature and clogged lungs.  The sofa is where I've been spending most of this week, trying to rest.

The last time I had the flu, it developed into a form of viral-induced asthma, which left me with a horrible cough that lasted for over four months. I've never been diagnosed with asthma, but I believe with the way things are going, I am susceptible to developing the lingering deep cough again.

Unfortunately, this means I missed the Lonnie Franklin, Jr., pretrial hearing this morning, and I might also miss the next Kelly Soo Park hearing on December 11th.

I hope T&T's loyal readers will be patient with me.  I'll do my best to get well as soon as possible so I can get back down at the courthouse and report on the cases you're interested in.

Sprocket.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Betsy forget the cases....get well soon (I know all about asthma, there are plenty meds out there to control it).
-Wes J.

Kathy said...

Take care of yourself. I just got over a bad cold and it took me almost 2 weeks to recover.

We'll wait for you.
Kathy

ritanita said...

Feel better soon, Sprocket! Rest and let the cases go for a bit.

Starbright said...

Rest up, get well. We'll check back until you're up and around again.

Anonymous said...

Just get well. The various cases will still be there when you're ready again.

David In TN

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better.

Maddie said...

Oh, for heaven's sake -- please take care of yourself! That's way more important than our reading about trials. (Although you may go through a kind of withdrawal not being able to attend them, you need to stay home, get plenty of rest, etc.)

I hope you're feeling much better soon!!

Anonymous said...

Spoken as a pharnacist and someone who cares about you, get a flu shot! They really do protect you from the flu and can not cause the flu in and of itself. Take care of yourself, lots of liquids.

Starbright said...

Checking in most every day. Hope you are feeling better.

Starbright said...

It's Christmas eve. I hope you are feeling better and will have a very merry Christmas and happy New Year.
The best to you and Mr. Sprocket.