Friday, May 27, 2011

Phil Spector Appeal Do-Over Request: REJECTED


Phil Spector booking photo, after his conviction for second-degree murder in the death of Lana Clarkson

The California State of Appeal has rejected Phil Spector's request for a re-review. Spector's Appellate attorney, Dennis Riordan has previously indicated he will request a review by the California Supreme Court. However, this court is not obligated to hear his appeal. The remaining recourse after that would be the U.S. Supreme Court. It's my opinion that it would be highly unlikely that court would hear his appeal, also. I believe it's over for you, Phil. Your trial bride is going to be visiting you at Corcoran (well, hopefully) for a long time to come.

If you wish to comment on this story, please E-mail me. Sprocket.

2 comments:

Sprocket said...

David in Tennessee said:

Betsy,

Speaking of Phil Spector, I checked the Tru TV schedule and found that late Saturday night, they are showing the episode from Dominick Dunne: Power, Privelege, and Justice on Phil Spector. The reason I mention it is I don't think they have shown it since the first run in September 2009 (I kept looking for it). It is on at 1am CT and 11pm PT.

I had an old fashioned VCR two years ago. Now I can DVR it.

They show other episodes over and over, but not the Phil Spector episode, which I think is one of the best ones. The drawback is only a minute or so devoted to the second trial.

Thanks for the news about the appeal.

Best,
David

Sprocket said...

No, they don't run it very often.

I have that episode saved on my DVR from September 3rd, 2010 when they last aired it.

I believe this is it for Phil. He better settle in and get comfortable since the civil trial is just around the corner.....in doing time years that is. Spector will be lucky indeed if the trial bride does stick around and actually makes the drive to visit him every weekend. Who knows, maybe that was a stipulation in their prenup, but the truth is, I have no idea if the Spector's have a prenup or not.

Riordan gave it his best shot and it was a complete miss on every single point it raised.

So much for that appeal that was supposed to be the most brilliantly crafted arguments presented in the history of California legal briefs....I mean, that was from the way some individuals were talking about it.