Friday, May 20, 2011

James Fayed Convicted of First Degree Murder

Today, the penalty phase of the trial begins in the murder-for-hire case of James Fayed, 48. Yesterday, a jury of eight men and four women convicted Fayed of first degree murder as well as conspiracy to commit murder in the stabbing death of his wife Pamela Fayed in a Century City parking garage on July 28th, 2008. The jury also found true the special circumstances of lying in wait and financial gain. James and Pamela Fayed were in the midst of a bitter divorce and their company, Goldfinger Coin & Bullion was under federal investigation. Prosecutors argued that James Fayed plotted the murder to avoid splitting the Internet bullion trading company's millions in assets with his wife as well as prevent her from potentially testifying as a witness against him in the investigation. DDA Alan Jackson and DDA Eric Harmon who successfully prosecuted the case are seeking the death penalty.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there a date for the trial (or trials) of the other suspects?

David In TN

Sprocket said...

I think (not positive) the next pretrial hearing is June 10th. At this time, I do not have plans to cover that case. I believe the Ventura Co. Star with be covering the second trial.

I'm only one person and I have to use my time that I can devote to a trial as best I can. We know the information now that will be used against the co-defendants. The phone records tying Moya to Fayed and Moya to Simmons and Marquez as well as the gang affiliations.