Sunday, October 12, 2008

It’s up to you now

The Legal Edge
October 11, 2008
I’m a Reasonable Sort

IS PHIL SPECTOR IN YOUR FUTURE?

I once covered the “fight of the century”. It was 1986 at Ceasars Palace in Las Vegas. Thomas “Hitman” Hearns vs. “Marvelous” Marvin Hagler. The fight lasted only 2 1/2 rounds before the “Hitman” went down, and while celebufight fans like Bo Derek and Sly Stallone called it the best fight ever, the boxers were plotting to set up the rematch. As the glassy eyed Hearns told me after the fight, “We did it once…let’s do it again.”

What the heck does this have to to with The Legal Edge? Nothing really, except that after an outpouring of Phil Spector fan e-mails I’ve decided to try one last time to get a read on how many folks would really subscribe to a monthly service that allowed us to cover costs to stream the Spector trial. Here’s the deal: I’ve opened a new e-mail address just to receive commitments from PS2 fans. If the number is sufficient (and based on my calculations and production costs that number needs to be at least 1000 viewers at $35.00 per month. The cost would go down if we get more subscribers) we would go ahead with setting up the actual payment structure to assure these commitments. The last thing we want to do is start the process and end up going under because a large number of folks flaked.

Here’s the dedicated e-mail address: lawjerktoo@gmail.com

So, pass this along to anyone interested. I’ll e-mail the basics to all registered at TLE…and we’ll see. It’s up to you now.

MJB

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sprocket,
As you probably already received, I sent out emails to you, MB and every single respondent (177 of them) who signed the petition.

I told Michel I am more than happy to be the liason here--so if people want to email me first (a few of them did today) I will pass on to Michel who is willing to pay. I hate spam myself, so only I (and Michel if applicable) will know people's email addresses if we have to contact them.

What a sad turn of events. I can't tell you how many of these respondents are fuming at Court TV for going under, for Tru TVs sub-par coverage, and for the overall blaze reaction from the main media outlets. There IS interest in this case. I read it firsthand...

Best,
John

Anonymous said...

I am very interested in watching Phil Spector's retrial. If it were sold as pay per view, would it be on the internet, or TV?

Sprocket said...

The Internet. You need to contact Michel Bryant @ The Legal Edge, via the email addy provided in the story if you are interested in pay per view of this trial.

Anonymous said...

never got a responce!


William,mdr,ca