Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Mark Jensen Murder Trial: Observations

Donchais has been faithfully watching the trial every day and reporting on the proceedings. I'm sure late tonight or early tomorrow she will put up an entry covering today's testimony.

Today, I had the opportunity to watch the last 10-15 minutes of testimony by Kelly LaBonte, the woman Mark Jensen was having an affair with when Julie was murdered. Kelly is now the new Mrs. Jensen. Earlier, I was not watching but listening to the audio. I had a picture in my head of Mrs. Jensen from her voice. I was quite surprised when I finally sat down at the computer to watch some of the trial coverage because the image I had in my head was in total contrast to the woman I saw on the witness stand. I was on the phone with donchais and we both commented that she looked almost "nun like" in that black suit with the white blouse. All that was missing was a cross around her neck.

I was also amazed to see the smirks and smiles that would cross Kelly's face during direct examination by Assistant District Attorney Angela "Angie" Gabriele. And then to have the camera cut over to Mark, and see quite similar facial expressions on him, especially the biting of the upper lip. It was bizarre.

Kenosha News Online
overview of the case.

CNN.Crime latest story.

0 comments: