Friday, February 8, 2008

Bobby Cutts Murder Trial: Side Bar

I received a response to my question about Ohio law from a defense attorney who has asked to remain anonymous. Here is their reply:

I am a defense attorney in Akron, Ohio who has been watching the BC trial.

I agree that the defense is doing a poor job with cross, perhaps they are saving their efforts for when they present their case. The general consensus is that Myisha knows more than she is saying and if the defense had pushed her, she would have cracked. Also, many believe the defense agreed to the jury to have possible grounds for appeal and yes, in Ohio even someone with a court appointed attorney can appeal based on grounds of ineffective counsel. I personally have not seen enough evidence to convince me that he committed the crimes he is accused of although logically I feel he did it.

I agree with counsel that it appears Myisha has not told all she knows. It will be interesting to see what type of defense is presented on Monday, and whether or not there are grounds for appeal on the issues of ineffective counsel, and jury selection procedures.

0 comments: