Friday, July 25, 2008

Caylee Anthony Disappearance: Complete Text of Casey Anthony's Jailhouse Phone Call

This phone call was between Casey Anthony, her mother Cindy and her brother, Lee and "Kristina." Transcript is from Local 6.com.

To me, it appears that all Casey is interested in is getting the phone number of her boyfriend, Tony, so she can call him. Note to Tony: Run for the hills, dude! I'd get as far away from Casey as humanly possible. Again, many thanks to Misswasabi for alerting T&T to the complete transcript.

"Casey?" (Cindy Anthony said to begin the call.)

"Mom," Casey Anthony said. "I just saw your nice little cameo on TV."

"Which one," Cindy Anthony said.

"What do you mean, which one?" Casey Anthony said.

"Which one?" Cindy Anthony said. "I did four different ones, and I haven't seen them all. I've only seen one or two so far."

"You don't know what my involvement is in (inaudible)?" Casey Anthony asked.
"Casey," Cindy Anthony said.

"Mom," Casey Anthony said.

"No, I don't know what you involvement is, sweetheart," Cindy Anthony said. "You are not telling me where she's at."

"Because I don't (expletive) know where she's at," Casey Anthony said.

"You are kidding me?
Casey, don't waste your call screaming and hollering at me," Cindy Anthony said.

"Waste my call sitting in the jail?" Casey Anthony said.

"Whose fault is it you're sitting in jail?" Cindy Anthony said. "Are you blaming me you are sitting in the jail? Blame yourself for telling lies. What do you mean it is not your fault? What do you mean it's not your fault, sweetheart? If you would have told them the truth and not lied about everything…"

"Do me a favor and just tell me what Tony's number is," Casey Anthony said. "I don't want to talk to you. Forget it."

"I don't have his number," Cindy Anthony said.

"Well, get it from Lee," Casey Anthony said. "I know Lee is at the house. I saw Mallory's car was out front. It was just on the news. They were just live outside the house."

"I know they were," Cindy Anthony said.

"Well?" Casey Anthony said.

"Can you get Tony's number for me so I can call him?" Casey Anthony said.

"Hello?" Casey's brother Lee said.

"Hi," Casey Anthony said. "Can you get me Tony's number?"

"I can do that but I don't know what good it's going to do you at this point," Lee Anthony said.

"Well, I'd like to talk to him any way because I called to talk to my mother and it is a (expletive) waste," Casey Anthony said. "By the way, I don't want any of you coming up here when I have my first hearing for bond and everything. I mean don't even (expletive) waste your time coming up here."

"You know, you are having a real tough year and making it real tough for anybody to want to try to, even if it is giving..." Lee Anthony said.

"See that is just it, every..." Casey Anthony said.

"You are not even letting me finish," Lee Anthony said.

"Go ahead," Casey Anthony said.

"First, you are asking me for Tony's phone number so you can call him and then you immediately want to start pressing toward me and don't even worry about coming up here for all this stuff and trying to cut us out," Lee Anthony said.

"I'm not trying to cut anybody out," Casey Anthony said.

"I'm not going around and around with you," Lee Anthony said. "You know, that is pretty pointless. I'm not going to put everyone else through the same stuff that you've been putting the police and everybody else for the last 24 hours and the stuff you've been putting mom through for the last four or five weeks. I'm done with that. So, you can tell me what's going on. Kristina would love to talk to you because she thinks you will tell her what's going on. Frankly, we are going to find out, whatever is going on is going to be found out. So, why not do it now?"

"There is nothing to find out," Casey Anthony said. "There is absolutely nothing to find out. Not even what I told the detectives. I have no clue where Caylee is. If I knew where Caylee was, do you think that any of this would be happening? No."

"Anyway, you only have a couple of minutes with this so I'm not going to let you completely waste it," Lee Anthony said. "Here is Kristina."

"No, no," Casey Anthony said. "I want Tony's number. I'm not talking to anybody else."

"Hello," Kristina said.

"Hi," Casey Anthony said. "I'm glad everybody is at my house but I'll have to call you later or I'll have to call to get somebody to get your number. Do me a favor and get my brother back because I need Tony's number."

"OK," Kristina said. "Is there anything I can do for you?"

"I'm sitting in jail," Casey Anthony said. "There is nothing anybody can do now."

"I'm just trying to be a…" Kristina said.

"I know you are, honey," Casey Anthony said. "I absolutely know you are and I appreciate it and everything you are trying to do but I'd like to call Tony. He's not at my house is he?

"No," Kristina said. "It's just me and your parents and Lee."

"Well, can you do me a favor and get my brother back so I can get the number from him please?" Casey Anthony said.

"Does Tony have anything to do with Caylee?" Kristina asks.

"No," Casey Anthony said. "Nothing."

"OK, so why do you want to talk with Tony?" Kristina asks. "You probably don't want to tell me, do you?"

"Tony had nothing to do with Caylee," Casey Anthony said.

"Oh, then why do you want to talk with him?" Kristina asks.

"Because he is my boyfriend and I want to actually try and sit and talk to him because I didn't get a chance to talk to him earlier," Casey Anthony said. "Because I got arrested on a (expletive) whim today and because they are blaming me for stuff that I would never do. That I didn't do."

"Well, I'm on your side, you know that?" Kristina said.

"I know that, I just want to talk with Tony and get a little bit of…" Casey Anthony said.

"Casey, you have to tell me if you know anything about Caylee," Kristina said. "If anything happened to Caylee, I'll die -- you understand, I'll die."

"Oh my God," Casey Anthony said. "Calling you guys (was) a waste -- a huge waste. Honey, I love you. You know I'd never let anything happen to my daughter. If I knew where she was, this would not be going on."

"Then how come everyone is saying that you are lying?" Kristina said.

"Because nobody is (expletive) listening to anything that I'm saying," Casey Anthony said. "The media misconstrued everything that I said. The (expletive) detectives pulled (expletive) (expletive). They got all of their information from me but at the same time they are twisting stuff. They already said they are going to pin this on me if they don't find Caylee. They've already said that. They arrested me because they said.."

"They said that the person you left Caylee with doesn't exist," Kristina said.

"Because, Oh look, they can't find her in the Florida database," Casey Anthony said. "She is not just from Florida. If they would actually listen to anything that I would have said to them, they would have had their leads. They maybe could have tracked her down. They have not listened to a (expletive) thing that I've said."

"You know that whoever has Caylee, nobody is going to get away with it," Kristina said.

"I know, nobody is going to get away with it but at the same time, the only way they are going to find Caylee is if they actually listen to what I'm saying and I'm trying to help them and they are not letting me help them."

"So, how can I help them find her?" Kristina said. "The best thing you can do baby is to listen to me."

"They need to look up her information in the New York database and a North Carolina database," Casey Anthony said. "And other places that she's lived outside of Florida. That is what I told them, even again today. I told them that four times today. I sat up at the police station. The county police station…"

"Does she have Caylee or did she transfer Caylee to someone else?" Kristina asked.

"Honey, I have not talked with her," Casey Anthony said. "I don't know. I have not talked to her."

"How come everyone is saying that you are not upset and that you are not crying and you show no carrying of where Caylee is at all" Kristina asked.

"Because I'm not her (expletive) crying every two seconds because I have to stay composed to talk to detectives, to make other phone calls and do other things," Casey Anthony said. "I can't sit here and be crying every two seconds like I want to -- I can't."

"OK, Casey, don't yell at me, I'm on your side," Kristina said.

"I know you are on my side," Casey Anthony said. I'm not trying to.."

"Nobody is saying anything bad about you," Kristina said. "Your family is with you 100 percent."

"No they're not," Casey Anthony said. "That is (expletive) because I just watched the (expletive) news and heard everything that my mom said. Nobody in my own family is on my side."

"Yes they are," Kristina said.

"They just want Caylee back. That is all they are worried about right now is getting Caylee back," Casey Anthony said. "And you know what, that is all I care about right now."
"Casey, your daughter, your flesh and blood and baby girl.." Kristina said.

"Kristina, please," Casey Anthony said. "Put my brother back on the phone, I don't want to get into this with you right now. I love you honey and I'm glad that you are there. Thank you for your help. I will let you know if there is anything that you can do."

"You can't tell me anybody who can find Caylee?" Kristina asked.

"No," Casey Anthony said. "No because everyone number that I've tried and every number that I've called is disconnected --nothing. I can't get a hold of anybody."

"But that girl was the last person to have her?" Kristina said.

"She was the last person to have her," Casey Anthony said. "That was the last time I saw Caylee."
"Lee said he doesn't have Tony's phone number," Kristina said.

"Yes, he does," Casey Anthony said. "He has Tony's number in his phone. He needs to stop (expletive) lying. He just told me a second ago that he'd give me the number."

"So, if I go and get you Tony's number, are you going to finish talking to me?" Kristina said.

"I will call you tomorrow," Casey Anthony said. "I want to talk to him really quick. I wanted to actually try and call Mike. I haven't slept in four days. I have not slept in four days.

"Listen, if you are going to talk to anybody, you can talk to me," Kristina said.

"I know I can talk to you but at the same time, I know that I can talk to Tony and that is who I want to talk to now. I have not gotten the chance to talk to him since this morning. Since all of this stuff happened with trying to set up the MySpace and I made the MySpace,"

"Do you know the password?' Kristina asked.

"I made all of it," Casey Anthony said.

"What's the password to MySpace so we can see if anybody has written any leads of where Caylee might be," Kristina asked.

"You can go online and see it," Casey Anthony said. "As far as messages, I don't know if anybody is going to be messaging."

Casey Anthony then exchanged log-in information with Kristina.
Kristina then gave Casey Anthony Tony's phone number.

"Can Tony tell me anything?" Kristina asked.

"Baby, Tony doesn't know anything, Casey Anthony said. "And, I have not even talked with him since this morning."

"Has Tony seen Caylee?" Kristina asked.

"Tony has not seen Caylee since the beginning of June," Casey Anthony said. "What's Tony's number again?"

Kristina gives the number again.

"Thank you," Casey Anthony said. "I will find a way to call you later. Leave your number at my house with my mother and I can get it either later tonight."

"How can I get a hold of you?" Kristina said.

"I'm at the jail, you can't," Casey Anthony said.

"You don't have a way to write my phone number down?" Kristina said.

"No, I have no way of writing it down," Casey Anthony said. "I have to remember Tony's number. I have to try to memorize his number right now. Just leave your number with my mom and I will try to call you in the morning if I don't get a chance to call you tonight."

"So, how can I find information about that girl?" Kristina asked.

"Have them look up a New York license for Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez," Casey Anthony said. "They've just been looking up the last night Gonzalez or the last name Fernandez. If they look up her entire name, they might actually find her. They have not done that. They haven't listened to anything that I've said."

"How do you spell Zenaida

"Z-e-n-a-i-d-a," Casey Anthony said.

"Where does she live?" Kristina said. "Because they went and looked at her place and…"

"Baby, you are not telling me anything that I don't already know," Casey Anthony said. "Again, I've only been in jail since about 8:30 tonight. I was with them all day. I know that. I was with officers pretty much since 9 p.m. last night up until this evening when I came up here."

"But you are telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth?" Kristina asked.

"That I have no clue where my daughter is?" Casey Anthony said. "Yes, that is the truth. That is the absolute truth."

"They'll find out and whoever…" Kristina said.

"OK, Kristina, I'm hanging up," Casey Anthony said. "I've need to make this other call before I forget the number. So, I'll call you later."

"OK," Kristina said. "Bye."
--------

Please share your thoughts on this case.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Casey seems to me to be a classic, textbook sociopath.

Here is what I find interesting. During the course of her conversation with "Kristina," Casey makes a slip. She initially (somewhat angrily---replay the audio and listen to her tone of voice) remarks: "They just want Caylee back. That is all they are worried about right now is getting Caylee back."

The implication here---the subtext if you will---is clearly: "All they care about is finding **Caylee**---not about the fact that **I** am in jail right now. They don't care about **ME**, etc."

Casey seems to resent that more concern is being shown for Caylee's fate right now than for her own.

But, clever sociopath that she is, Casey then quickly (almost in a heartbeat) catches herself and realizes that what she has just said does not sound right---that it betrays her true, sociopathic nature. She has slipped up. So to smooth things over, she quickly adds: "And you know what, that is all I care about right now."

I believe that Casey (whether intentionally or accidentally) killed her daughter and then buried or dumped the body, and I believe that Casey's mother and other family members are simply too deep in denial right now to even consider the possibility that she might be guilty of homicide.

Anonymous said...

Casey's Lawyer has pretty much let all the world know she's guilty of something by implying on Nancy Grace that he can't devulge where Casey has been the past month and how she's been affording a babysitter (sic) nanny b/c it might compromise his clients defense later on if the police press or pursue charges. It sounds like he knows what we already suspect and it's not good.

katfish said...

My gut reaction when I first heard this case was this was a power struggle between Cindy and Casey Anthony over control of Caylee and that she may be alive somewhere....the more that comes out about this case though, the more I worry about the chances of Caylee being found alive. I don't believe for one minute that Caylee was kidnapped, that's just smoke and mirrors. A sad story.

Anonymous said...

To the original poster: I noticed her slip up, too. I also find it disturbing that she only seems concerned with getting in touch with her boyfriend Tony (despite the fact that she was apparently engaged to another guy), and not at all concerned with the whereabouts of her daughter.

Anonymous said...

To Anon,

Re: the issue of "slip-ups," etc. Did you hear the audio of the most recent call released? It's between Casey and her brother. In it, Casey alleges that one of the people who originally referred her to the "babysitter," Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez, is named "Juliet Lewis" and works (or worked) for Universal Studios.

"Juliet Lewis."

Sound familiar?

If so, that's because it is: Juliette Lewis (slightly different spelling, but same name and same pronunciation) is a famous Hollywood actress best known for her role in the film Natural Born Killers.

Interesting choice of a name for Casey to fabricate, don't you think?

In the same call, she also mentions that she "feel[s] like Caylee is close to home." I think the implication here is clearly that she buried Caylee's body "close to home."

Anonymous said...

Oh yes
her
"Close to home" comment
stood out for me,
i say look on Florence harbor area
behind their home water and such there