Thursday, September 6, 2007

Rachelle Short update & Linda Kenny Baden's closing argument

UPDATED!
September 7th 8:10 am
Hold onto your hats folks! Rachelle Short, arm candy wife of the defendant is going to be interviewed by Jamie Floyd at around 8:30 am this morning! You can't miss this! I am surprised that she has shown such restraint up until now.

One of the Court TV posters, dsmith, pointed out to me that Rachelle was not a full on nude model in Playboy, but appeared in the Grapevine section. Phil Spector's Wikipedia page appears to verify this. Now, correct me if I'm wrong people. Is this the section of the magazine where people can send in their nudie shots? If that's the case, Rachelle sending in her nude pic to Playboy is an even sadder situation than I originally thought.

Since I went to court today and only hung out in the hallway, I didn't actually get to see much of Linda Kenney Baden's closing argument. However, when I got home I did get to see enough to have an opinion. And I did read a bunch on the CTV message board, where it was discussed in detail. I understand that it was quite obvious she was reading from a script for the first part of her closing, and that she wasn't at all connected with the material. Now, I wonder who forced her to do the entire closing, causing Roger Rosen to look like he had a permanently inflamed hemorrhoid he was dealing with. Gee Roger, you did all that work doing direct and cross examination, Linda gets to take a two week vacation at some spa, and you get shut out of the CLOSING? What in the world is up with that? Did Linda hold her hand up and say, "Me, me, me, Phil! Pretty Please! Can I do it ALL? Rachelle thinks I should do it Phil! Really she does! And you always give Rachelle what she wants!"

From what I did see and hear, she was rambling and lyin' all over the map. I saw the book demonstration also. Gee Linda, your bad back must be totally healed now with the way you effortlessly picked up those anchor sized books and threw them on the floor. I was also quite disgusted with how Ms. Baden, at every opportunity, put Lana out with the trash. This is exactly what Alan Jackson was talking about in his closing calling this defense a "checkbook defense." I'm tempted to rush off an email to Mick Brown and ask him, "Mick, tell me, off the record please, were you in pain listening to that closing?"

Just a little bit ago, Court TV poster Shrlck Homie made the following post on the Spector Forum about Linda Kenney Baden's closing:

"I could eat a bowl of alphabet soup and crap out a better CA (closing argument) than Linda Kenney Baden put forth."

Thank you for such an articulate post Shrlck Homie. I am of the same mind. It was a bunch of crap and it was a mess. I feel sorry for those who have to go back to 106 tomorrow because I hear, they are going to be force fed another hour or so more of this drivel. Those poor souls. I feel for them, really I do.

I'm currently working on getting all the Caption Contest entries together and announcing the winner. That should be up on the blog later tonight so please keep checking back.

Oh, and Kim at The Darwin Exception has her entry up covering today's sinister machinations.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I have been reading your blog for only a few months, but I will be reading it for a very long time! I love your take on things!! Keep up the good work. Thank you!

Fly on the wal & Phil did it